Sunday, January 22, 2012

Rule Change!

This is a 5 Year Journal post. The goal is to answer a simple journal prompt each day of the year as a real record of daily life in this moment. 

You know one of the best things about giving yourself a blog challenge? There's no one to make you stick to it! I'm changing the rules. I know the new year is only 21 days old, but this 5 Year Journal on the blog is already crampin' my style. I feel a bit too restricted in my posting and its kinda preventing me from wanting to post. Its too much like an assignment. Sometimes the structure is nice, but other times it really doesn't match with my mood or reflect the spirit of the day - which was my whole purpose for doing it in the first place.

So I'm still going to use the 5 Year Journal -as one tool in my over all goal of capturing real moments in my every day life in 2012. Another tool I'm going to use is Photo-a-Day. In 2009 I did 365 days of Photo-a-Day. It was eye-opening, it was beautiful, it was brutal. Not only was it a lot of work, it was a particularly painful year - the worst of my life- forever preserved in 365 photographs. I don't want to commit to that either. Soooo - I will create an unholy hybrid to maximize the bets of all the projects! 

Some days I'll answer a 5-Year-Journal question. Other days I'll post a daily photo. Sometimes I'll write a traditional blog post. And some days, I just won't post anything. I am giving myself permission to not post every single day of 2012. I've done a post a day for a year before and its just too much for me! So, call me lazy if you will - I don't care - because its my game and I make the rules here! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...