Friday, April 13, 2012

Talkin' about Feelings: Girl Scout Style

This week at Girl Scouts we've been talking about expressing sadness and anger in healthy ways. I always find some misguided humor in these conversations and would be remiss if I didn't share.

"What Makes You Mad?"
         -3rd grader A: "Cheesecake"
         -3rd grader B: "When my little brother pees on my bed."

Those responses are pretty lighthearted and legitimately funny. My favorite response of the day to "What makes you sad?" wasn't supposed to be funny...but I found it so hilarious that I took a picture of it in drawing form. From a 1st grader's feelings journal, I present to you a work of art that I have christened: Ded Puppy.


I don't know what it is about this drawing that just makes me laugh every time I see it. The misspelling of dead? The tongue sticking out of the dead dog? The labeling of the dog as "ded" with the arrow pointing to it just in case the viewer couldn't quite follow the storyline? It helps that the girl who drew it didn't seem too broken up about the situation. I don't know if the humor will translate if you weren't there- or if you are a better person than I am. But I am still laughing at it now as I type this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...