Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Honeysuckle

I've been doing a lot of walking lately, gearing up for the Flying Pig 5k next month. I find that I like to walk in urban areas and neighborhoods to give myself new and interesting things to look at - keeps my interest better than just going around the loop in our local park. I was walking in Ft. Mitchell today and was carried away - back in time - by the scent of the lush brambles of honeysuckle growing near the sidewalk during much of my walk. I remembered that there were walls of wild honeysuckle bushes lining the back edge of the playground at my elementary school. I never paid them much attention back then, but now the scent sweetens the memories I have of that time. And I think that every playground should have a few honeysuckle bushes growing along with the children, sweetening their memories.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...