Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Party Pouches

Check out the making-of the change purses we custom-created for a 7-year-old's birthday party. The party theme was "Girls Night In" and featured a movie and snack bar from which the guests had to purchase their refreshments (with play money provided by the host). Enter the personalized change purses complete with wristlet feature to meet the needs of the modern 7-year-old about town. They were given to each guest as party favors and were, I'm told, a big hit.

The friend of a friend who ordered the pouches had the idea for them but was super flexible about the particulars - she just told me she wanted them to be girly, have a secure closure, and preferably be personalized with a wristlet. Colors, patterns, shape, and construction methods were left up to me. This is the kind of project I LOVE - I'm not really great with precision, as I think I've mentioned before. So I fiddled around with ideas and made a couple of prototypes to figure out the way they worked best for me, and then I went to town- one-woman-assembly style.

 


















 

I got so into making these change purses that I cut out fabric for extras to sell on my (yet to be fully launched) Etsy shop. Have I done a thing with them? NO (but I'm blaming two weeks of helping run Girl Scout camp). Anyway - loved making these and loved working with my friend's friend. And some glorious someday, when I finally launch the Etsy shop, maybe it will feature some pouches like this!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...